Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Curl definition: Are you gellin’

Once naturals learn to embrace the coily, kinky hair we were given, one of our first missions is to “define our curl pattern”. We want to enhance what our hair does naturally; desiring a uniform, springy, frizz-free appearance. When using product to get curl definition, there are HUNDREDS of products that claim to give you the look you crave.

$$ Some of the more known about curling gels are $$

Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Uncle Funky’s Daughter Curly Magic
Beauty by Donna Marie MiraCurl Curling Gelly

$ Others watching their pocket book might opt for $

Fantasia IC
Eco Styler
curl activator gels like Smooth ‘N Shine or Long Aid
Homemade flaxseed gel (video)

Please share: Do you have a solid technique for defining your natural hair? What products have you tried with success? What products didn’t work for you?

Thanks for reading. Be blessed!

CallaLily

5 comments:

ChocolateOrchid said...

It's been a minute since I've worn my hair out but as far as curl definers the only one that I have in my stash is Miss Jessies Stretch Silkening Creme. I honestly haven't used it in awhile. And before that I used to use Kinky Curly Curling Custard which worked for a minute but after awhile made my hair feel like straw. Could've been an operator error. Lol.

I do however want to try Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic and maybe, Beauty by Donna Marie's Curling Gelly.

Jc said...

I liked that flaxseed video and its presentation too! I am not a gel fan though. Naturally Leslie likes fantasia ic gel...I like her bun style with it.

CallaLily said...

@ ChocolateOrchid - I want to try those 2 as well

Kitshara said...

I love the homemade flaxseed gel! Tried KCCK but it took too long to dry and made my hair crunchy. Still experimenting with ecostyler so the jury still out. I have heard great things about Uncle Funky's Daughter so after I use up this ecostyler I'll try that next.

Chrissystina said...

Kinky Curly Knot Today and Giovanni Leave in!

One gives me Shirley Temple curls, the other bouncy spirals!

It really feels like heaven to finally find a product that works!

Related Posts with Thumbnails