Monday, August 3, 2009

Let's do the twist. . . (part II)

As promised, I've included my process and pics from my last post. I washed and deep conditioned my hair and allowed it to air dry (80% dry). Then, I applied a moisturizer and blow dried my hair.


I used a total of 2 and 1/2 bags of Yaki synthetic hair that I cut in half. I needed a rattail comb for parting, hair clips, Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel and lots of patience! I started the twists off as braids instead of twists. I don't know how long it took me but I did it over the course of Saturday and finished the rest on Sunday.


I think I may keep them in for about three weeks but we shall see. During that time, I will spray my hair daily with a water-based leave in conditioner and wrap my hair up at night. I will cleanse my scalp/hair with diluted shampoo every week while I have the twists (after I put them in 4 loose cornrows). Please share your input and suggestions.


Thanks for reading. Be blessed!


CallaLily

















0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails