Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Study Hall: Book Club



I love, love, love this book I just got done reading! It’s overflowing with a wealth of useful information on hair care. It also addresses Ayurveda. Most important to me, mid-way through the book it gets into using natural ingredients in your hair regimen and gives a solid foundation on herbal preparations. It’s filled with basic, easy recipes and all-in-all I can’t say enough good things about it. This read is definitely a good investment!


Naturally Health Hair by Mary Beth Janssen
Summary: Your hair reflects your personality, emotion, style, and self-esteem. Now internationally acclaimed hair designer and educator Mary Beth Janssen explains how achieving harmony in your mind and body can give you the stunning hair you've always wished for. You'll discover:

* Ayurvedic philosophy -- the ancient holistic health science from India -- and how it can renew and invigorate your hair

* Vital foods, vitamins, and minerals for healthy hair

* Natural hair care formulas to make at home

* Healthful approaches to cut, color, and styling

* Tips for finding and working with a salon and hair care professional

As an educator and author, Mary Beth Janssen is a voice for the integration of beauty and wellness. She is one of the most sought-after commercial hair designers, and she created a series of instructional videotapes and manuals for the salon industry. Janssen is a certified education for Deepak Chopra's Infinite Possibilities organization as well as an herbalist, massage therapist, aromatherapist, and Master Gardener. Her company, The Janssen Sourc, Inc., serves as a wellness consultant to the beauty profession and the community at large. She lives in Illinois.

NOTE: I have been experiencing MAJOR frustration with my Amazon widget (mentioned last Wednesday). I seem to run into technical issues every time I add something to it. I now have 79 book listings and I believe it will stay that way for the time being. I hope my hours of work are not in vain and this helps someone.

Thanks for reading.  Be blessed!

CallaLily

* You can click on the “study hall” label in the right-hand column to read posts you have missed

1 comments:

Laquita said...

I have this one too - I put tabs in it and everything :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails