Sunday, September 6, 2009

Good news!

Because I saw myself making too many unnecessary transactions, I started to keep record of how often I made hair related purchases. It was quite ridiculous and absolutely absurd and I knew I needed to take action! Anyway, I am happy to announce that it has been a whole month since I have purchased a hair product. I’ve still purchased accessories/tools but even that has dwindled down.

I have still been scoping out new things that I want to try but I’m logging it on my wish list and continuing to use up things I already have. Right now some of the lines on my wish list are Aubrey Organics, Neutrogena Triple Moisture, AfroVeda and HairVeda. The only product I am running low on and will NEED to purchase in the near future is shampoo.

The Sisterhood of Product Junkies can learn to curb our impulse to constantly spend our revenue on “the next best thing” with some helpful tips:

* A really great idea that I’ve seen from Kcurly has been an encouragement to me.

* Keeping an inventory list of what I have on hand prevents me from buying what I don’t need.

* Also, if it’s something you are willing to try, experiment with making your own products. I personally am going to start experimenting with common and Ayurvedic herbs (for cleansing and conditioning) and see how that works out. Hopefully I don’t go from a product junkie to an ingredient junkie :-)

If you feel your PJism is out of control, I hope you found this article helpful. Let’s try to keep some of that money in our pockets during these uncertain economic times.

Thanks for reading. Be blessed!

CallaLily

1 comments:

Jc said...

Well done. I'm not a PJ since I have found what works for me. I think PJism is a phase for the first 2 years or so of being natural.

I think one tip I have seen elsewhere before is to finish what you have before buying something new.

Related Posts with Thumbnails