Thursday, April 15, 2010

Creating curls


I’ve got about a week left on these crochet braids so I’m considering styling options for when I take them down. I miss my hair! I’d like to experiment with various curly sets. However, there are so many ways to create them it boggles my mind!



Curls can be set with Bantu knots, pin curls or rollers/rods. The types that I have are magnetic rollers, flexi rods, Curlformers, perm rods, and Strawllers (thanks to Nikki’s post). I’d like to discover which achieved curly set best suites me. I'd also like to be able to keep the style for a week minimum.

Without getting into product selection, there are 3 core things to take into consideration when creating your curly styles:

*What will be used to set the style?
*Will hair be set on wet/damp hair or on dry, stretched hair?
*Will hair be air dried or dried under a dryer?


As I try these various sets I will keep you all posted on my progress (and take pics for you). Your tips would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have a solid method for creating curly styles? Please share!

Thanks for reading. Be blessed!

CallaLily

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails